Really, what kid wouldn’t want to eat pink cookies? Just in time for Valentine’s Day, these adorably pink cookies topped with Hershey Kisses. They’re a pretty perfect treat to bake and eat with your littlest sweethearts. We had so much fun making them, and the kids’ favorite part was measuring out (with their fingers) a half cup of cherries…what a sticky mess!
While baking these with my kids, I couldn’t help but think of the book Pinkalicious. It’s one of my kids’ faves, have you read it? Then, I also found out that CRUMBS has a Pinkalicious Cupcake…my kids would freak! Shhh…let’s keep that one between us, ok?
Back to the cookies–they are sweet, but not too sweet….just right, and did I mention pink!?! I especially love when you get a bite with a cherry bit in it!
Pink Kisses Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 25-30 Hershey Kisses
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Add cherry juice, almond extract, red food coloring and salt and beat well.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, scraping bowl.
- Fold in cherries.
- Place quarter (or a little bigger, depending on how you like them) sized balls of dough on cookie sheet leaving a little room between them to spread.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with Hershey Kisses, pressing down slightly.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Makes 25-30 cookies.
Recipe Inspiration: Donna Diegel