Most foodies enjoy eating a slice of pizza. Pizza is the type of food that can be made to suit even the pickiest of palettes, which is one reason why this food is so popular. There are literally hundreds of different dough recipes, toppings, topping combinations, and sauces that can easily be used to make one’s favorite pizza, it is just plain ridiculous!
But, pizza is not just for “savory foodies”. On contra-ire! Pizza can be for “dessert foodies” too!
Decadent Fruit Brownie Pizza Recipe
1 box of brownie mix (choose your favorite brand)
1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
3 bananas, sliced
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
1 1oz square of semisweet chocolate
1 tbsp. butter, unsalted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Following the instructions on the box of brownies, prepare these as directed.
2. Spread brownie batter onto 15” pizza pan
3. Bake brownie pizza for 15-20 minutes.
4. Allow brownie pizza to completely cool on a wire rack.
While brownie pizza is cooling, let’s make our sauce:
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until completely combined and smooth. Set aside until brownie pizza has cooled completely.
Assemble Fruit Pizza:
1. Spread cream cheese sauce evenly over entire pizza.
2. Arrange bananas and strawberries on top.
3. In a small microwave safe bowl, place the butter and chocolate inside the microwave and melt. This should only take a few seconds.
4. Remove melted chocolate from microwave and stir until completely smooth.
5. Using a spoon or fork, drizzle melted chocolate over the entire surface of pizza.
Here comes the hardest step of all: Place pizza in fridge for an hour allowing it to set completely before slicing.
You can use any type of fruit you like: canned pineapple, oranges, peaches, mango, apples, grapes, berries – you name it.
If using canned fruit, make sure to drain the can of ALL liquid before putting fruit on pizza.
Sprinkle about ½ cup chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts for an added crunch.
Like what you see? Show her some sugar…