Dessert doesn’t get any easier than this. Great for a warm summer night or a last minute dessert, this is a must-save recipe to add to your recipe box. Quite genius, right? Just jello and whipped topping and the end result- a little bit of the sky in your glass. Off to your happy place you’ll go.
A tip on glassware: Technically, this isn’t a parfait glass. I don’t own parfait glasses. Shame on me, I know. So I used a tumbler with a little twist with the fatter middle. That’s another reason that makes these so easy, they can be assembled in martini glasses, champagne flutes, cordial glass or whatever you have on hand. Serving size for this dessert will depend on the type of glassware chosen. The glass I chose easily could be shared for 2.
Sky Parfait Recipe
adapted from Anastasia’s Palace
- 6 oz. package of berry blue jello
- 8 oz. tub of cool whip
- Parfait glasses of any clear glass
- Make jello according to package, adding boiling water and cold water.
- Pour into a large bowl. Let the jello sit for 4-6 hours, until set.
- Once the jello is set, take it out of the fridge. Start to spoon the jello into the parfait glasses, making sure to scoop different sizes. (I found bigger chunks of the jello work best)
- Place a few spoonfuls of the cool whip on top of the jello, pressing it against the side of the glass. This is what’s going to form the cloud in your glass. Try not to smear any of the cool whip where you don’t want a cloud- it will show up as streaks when you put more jello in so be sure to wipe away any unwanted marks.
- Alternate with the jello and cool whip to make layers, alternating where you place your “clouds”.
- Ta-da! A dessert that is anything but dreary!
Like what you see? Show her some sugar…
Meet our SWEET writers :: Amy