As a candy lover, sugar-aholic, it’s no surprise that Halloween is my favorite holiday. A holiday centered around candy- seriously folks, is there anything better? And as much as I love candy of all shapes and flavors, there is one I love above the rest. Candy corn. Yes candy corn. You all know it, and as much as I wish I could say you all love it, I know there are those naysayers out there that just aren’t a fan of the treat.
Me, I look forward to this time of year all year long just to devour a bag of those sugary little spikes of Halloween cheer. There is just something about the waxy little triangles that keep you going back for more, until you realize you managed to consume a whole bag in less than 2 hours. Call me a candy corn enthusiast, these iconic candies are definitely a Halloween staple in my trick-or-treat bag. So when I stumbled upon a recipe for candy corn cookies on Pinterest my blood sugar instantly skyrocketed from how sweet these little guys looked (but not before I had a chance to “pin” it!). They look good, they taste great, they’re HIGHLY addicting and can be made in a cinch!
Candy Corn Cookies
adapted from Kaitlin With Honey
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp all spice
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
Stick and 1/2 butter (at room temperature)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups candy corn
1 cup peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine brown sugar, white sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
4. Using a mixer stir dry mixture into wet mixture.
5. Stir in candy corn and peanut butter chips.
6. Using a small ice cream scoop, spoon rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper (it makes cleanup easier when the candy corn melts)
7. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and devour!
Like what you see? Show us some sugar…