Is the recipe name long enough? Can we just call them “Red Cherry Whoops” or something? Yes? You game?
I’ve been experimenting with some red velvet cake mix lately and come up with some DELICIOUS treats for you. One being this one. The others, being you need to wait. I control the posts.
I ran across this glorious Cherry Vanilla Frosting Starter (Duncan Hines) at the store after I was on the hunt for more Limited Edition Peppermint Flavor Mix, they sent me the original Peppermint, (again, hold your horses, that recipe will come too). Apparently Peppermint isn’t on the shelves of my store yet, so I went with cherry – similar in color and for photography purposes, you’ll never know. And then it hit me, I made something completely delicious and I NEED to share it with you.
Red Velvet Cherry Vanilla Whoopie Pies Recipe
1 pkg Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 T Cocoa Powder – I like mine Red Velvet really cocoa-y
1/2 C all-purpose flour, sifted
3 Large Eggs
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1/2 C Water
3/4 C buttermilk
2 Cans Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starters
2 pkgs Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Cherry Vanilla Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix cake mix, flour, cocoa powder, eggs, vegetable oil, water, and buttermilk.
- Using a tablespoon (or mini ice cream scooper), scoop batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Put no more than 6-8 on a sheet pan, the batter spreads
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely. You can even refrigerate for a good hour, even better
- Pour 1 packet of Cherry Vanilla Flavor into frosting starter, stir evenly until blended. Repeat with second can and packet
- Spread 1 tablespoon (or pipe with a pastry bag and proper tip) frosting onto the flat sides of 1/2 the whoopie pies and top with the remaining tops.
If you have any frosting left, you’re going to want to eat it with a spoon. I’m in LUST with the Cherry Vanilla flavor. LUST. Crushin. Stalking. Loving.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar…