Nobody should ever miss their breakfast, especially your kids. That’s a golden rule that you should keep to your household. Otherwise, unlikely things could happen.
For example, Lisa Moskovitz of Your New Your Dietitians told that breakfast is an ideal meal because it is where you prefer to eat oats and cereal. These two food are known to mitigate cholesterol and blood pressure level of the body. On more severe implications, skipping breakfast increases your risk factor for developing type 2 diabetes, according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Are your children susceptible to these repercussions? Absolutely.
Luckily, there are a plethora of breakfast recipes that you can try to lure your kids on eating their breakfast. Here are some of the delectable delicacies that can invigorate their morning!
Kid-Friendly Breakfast Recipes
French Toast Bowls
Sometimes, your kids want something flashy food fest. If they want to eat something that is beyond the ordinary, prepare this recipe.
- Unsalted butter (3 1/2 tablespoons)
- Whole milk (1 1/2 cup)
- Large eggs (4 pieces)
- Granulated sugar (1/3 tablespoon)
- Vanilla extract (2 teaspoons)
- Kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Sandwich bread (12 slices)
- Small blueberries (6 ounces)
- Small raspberries (6 ounces)
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the device is heating, take four oven-safe cups and utter them. Set them aside for the meantime.
- Take a big pitcher and whisk the sugar, eggs, salt, milk, and vanilla there.
- Scrape off the crust of all the bread pieces. Once done, butter one of the sides of each of the bread pieces. Next, cut the bread diagonally.
- After that, pile the bread on the top of the bowl. Make sure that the buttered side is on the top. Place the raspberries and blueberries, too. Once done, pour the custard mixture that you created a while ago on the layered bread. If you have leftover sugar, sprinkle it too.
- Arrange the bowls on a baking sheet and cover them with aluminum foil. Put the baking sheet in the oven and let the bread mixture be baked for 20 minutes. Afterwards, remove the foil from the cups and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
The favorite cupcakes of your kids can be served as a healthy breakfast alternative. If you don’t believe me, then this waffle cake recipe will be a solid proof!
- All-purpose flour (1 1/2 cup)
- Baking powder (1 1/2 teaspoon)
- Kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- Granulated (3/4 cup)
- Large eggs (2 pieces)
- Vanilla extract (1/2 teaspoon)
- Whole milk (3/4 cup)
- Just like the previous recipe, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange a muffin pan and put eight paper liners there. Set aside for a while.
- Take a medium bowl and fill it with the baking powder, flour, and salt to create a flour mixture. Whisk them properly.
- Use an electric mixer and use the highest setting to beat the sugar and butter until they become fluffy and smooth. Once done, slow down the mixer to medium speed and pour the eggs to beat them (you should add the eggs one by one).
- Add the vanilla to the mixture and beat it for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to slow setting and pour the flour mixture and milk to the bowl alternatingly. Do it in three parts. Beat them thoroughly until you can achieve a sticky yet smooth result.
- Pour the mixture into the paper liners (around ¼ full). Set aside any remaining batter. Bake the batter-filled cups in the oven for 20 minutes. After baking, transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack for them to cool down.
- Start creating the waffle cakes. Bring a waffle iron on a high heat. Apply 1 1/2 tablespoon of the remaining batter on the iron and shove a cupcake there. Make sure that the cupcake is facing top side down to the batter.
- Cook them until they can achieve a golden texture. It should only take around 5 minutes. Remove the waffle cake that you made and repeat the process once again until such time you can process all the cupcakes you made.
- Put whipped cream and berries on the top of the cupcakes. You can also use peanuts and bananas as well.
The last one that I am going to show is a treat that they can’t ever resist. Your young ones cannot refuse the sweet and sumptuous flavor of toasted bread. That’s a guarantee!
- Bread (2 to 4 slices)
- The process of making toasted bread is pretty simple. You don’t have to do any cumbersome preparation. As long as you have an ergonomic 2-slice or 4-slice toaster, things would be convenient for you.
- To make the bread tastier, wipe butter on its surface. The butter would be melted thoroughly in the toaster, resulting in a sweet and riveting taste!
Once again, let me emphasize the importance of breakfast to your kids. Always remember that breakfast is the first meal of the day. Therefore, it is the meal that sustains them with the energy the needed to play and study. Moreover, eating breakfast also ensures that their body will be able to negate common illnesses and sickness.
Of course, there are still other breakfast items that you can try aside from these. Just explore your kitchen and you will realize that there is no limitation to what you can prepare for your kids!
|Hello, I am Rose. I am a simple housemother and full-time cook in the kitchen. If you enjoyed these cooking tutorials that I have made, just follow my personal blog, GimmeTasty.com. You can discover a world of new recipes there. You will not run out of cooking ideas once you allow me to help you out!|