We just LOVED the Cinnamon Coffee Crumb Cake from Everyday Grain-Free Baking! So much so that we wanted to share with you all another recipe from Everyday Grain-Free Baking, by the author of The Nourishing Home. With these cookies, you can have your sugar and enjoy it guilt-free! Oatmeal cookies are a classic, and it is exciting to try any variations of them. This recipe is definitely a winner. For more, go pick up a copy from Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, or any bookstore you pass by :). Hope you all enjoy (and let us know what you think)!
Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Option, Egg-Free
Almost Oatmeal Cookies
Reprinted with permission from Everyday Grain-Free Baking
Yield: 1½ dozen cookies
1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (or palm shortening)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup organic raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, mix together the butter (or palm shortening), coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth and creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well to combine. Then add the shredded coconut; continuing to mix until well blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the raisins. Then drop the dough by rounded spoonfuls at least two inches apart onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your fingers to slightly flatten the cookies into rounds.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown along edges. Allow the cookies to completely cool on the cookie sheet, as they will be very soft and crumbly when hot.
- Once cooled, they transform into the ultimate deliciously chewy treat!
3 Quick Facts about Everyday Grain-Free Baking
- Everyday Grain-Free Baking includes more than 100 irresistible recipes that are compatible with the most common grain-free diets, i.e. Paleo, Primal, SCD and GAPS.
- Everyday Grain-Free Baking includes delicious, easy-to-make recipes that grain-free, starch-free, refined-sugar-free and dairy-free, or contain dairy-free options so they can easily be converted as such.
- Everyday Grain-Free Baking shows you how to make delicious grain-free, dairy-free baked goods that your whole family will enjoy – whether or not everyone is living a grain-free lifestyle!
Everyday Grain-Free Baking features a delicious assortment of recipes the whole family will love! In fact, there’s an entire chapter devoted to each of these traditional baked good favorites:
- Breads & Rolls
- Biscuits, Scones & Crackers
- Pancakes & Waffles
- Pies, Tarts & Crisps
- Cakes & Cupcakes
- Classic Cookies
- Brownies & Bars
- Sweet Additions