If you’re like me and enjoy your annual trip to the local apple orchard, you probably enjoy putting those apples to good use by incorporating them into your fall dessert menu lineup. I saw this recipe a couple years back and decided it was high time to try it out. Your very own personal pie on a stick that’s easy as (apple) pie to make!
Apple Pie on a Stick
adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
1 bag Kraft caramels
4-5 large, tart apples (I went with Minnesota’s very own Haralson apples)
1 bag white chocolate chips or white chocolate candy melts
1 bag craft sticks
Instructions: 1. Wash, scrub, and dry apples. This is a VERY crucial step or your caramel won’t stick because of the coating stores put on apples.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt caramel according to package directions.
3. Put popsicle stick in the apple. Dip in melted caramel making sure to fully coat it.
4. Place on wax paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Cool in the fridge until caramel is set up. If you want a thick caramel layer, add another layer of caramel here and let it set up again.
6. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals. You can add a little vegetable oil if the mixture is too thick.
7. Coat the apple with the chocolate.
8. Let it set up a little bit before sprinkling it with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
9. Cool completely in the fridge.
10. Cut into slices and serve. Can be made up to one day ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator. You can also wrap them up in cellophane, tie a ribbon around them, and they make a perfect gift!
Like what you see? Show her some sugar…