Every morning is a good morning for Berry Orange Coffee Cakes, from Ann at On Sutton Place. If any time is a good time, then get to baking. Message me once they come out of the oven and then I’ll send you my mailing address. You can do that you know.
Ann: On Sutton Place
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1½ t. cinnamon
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1/3 c. butter softened
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. white sugar
- 1 c. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 T. finely shredded fresh orange peel
- 1 T. fresh orange juice
- ½ t. vanilla
- 1½ c. fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 T. finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 recipe Orange Glaze (below)
- ½ c. walnuts or pecans toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 15 muffin cups. (I made mini loaves and got 8.)
- In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in ricotta, egg, orange peel, orange juice and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in cranberries and ginger.
- Fill prepared muffin cups or loaf pans ? full.
- Bake 20-25 min. until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 min.
- Remove; cool slightly.
- Spoon on glaze. Sprinkle with nuts and additional orange peel if desired.
- Orange Glaze: Combine 1 c. powdered sugar, 2 T. orange juice and ½ t. vanilla. Stir in 2 T. melted butter and 1 t. shredded orange peel.
Like what you see? Show her some sugar…