Here in Minnesota it seems as though winter just won’t end. It’s May and it’s still snowing. Instead of giving into Mother Nature and putting on a parka and digging out my boots from the back of my closet, I decided to do the only logical thing- make summer treats that put me in summer mode! And so Blackberry Lemonade Popsicles came about. The original recipe was strictly juice based, but I put a twist on it and added a yogurt layer. I must say the end result is quite delectable!
Blackberry Lemonade Popsicles
adapted from Recipe Boy
For the Lemonade Layer:
- 1 1/3 cups lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp sugar
For the Blackberry Layer:
- 1 container blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared lemonade
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
1. First, make the lemonade layer mixture. Heat the lemon juice in a small, microwaveable bowl for 50 seconds and dissolve all the sugar into it. Pour this mixture into a medium bowl with the yogurt and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to assemble popsicles.
2. Make blackberry layer mixture. Place the blackberries, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for around five minutes until the blackberries are soft. Pour this mixture and the lemon juice into a bowl and whisk until blended. Chill in the refrigerator until cool, and then whisk the yogurt into the strawberry mixture until well combined.
3. Assemble the popsicles. Use a teaspoon or tablespoon to carefully spoon alternating layers of lemon and strawberry mixture into your molds. Add a blackberry on top of the blackberry layer. Freeze overnight. To unmold, dip molds into warm water and gently pull popsicles out. Serve immediately.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website