It’s that time of year where the smell of Fall is spreading through the air. Leaves falling, Pumpkin Spice everything’s a brewin. Oh and the smell of Halloween candy knocking at your door practically begging you to buy tons of it, and devouring, before the big Hallow’s Eve Day is near.
I was asked by World Market to create an amazing recipe using their international goodies. And by the looks of the loot I picked up, I went a little overboard. But you know me and my motto – the more candy the merrier.
After searching their miles of aisles, I came up with Buggy Bark (obviously I went for a sweet themed recipe – duh). Perfect for your Halloween party, or heck, a bug themed Birthday Party – ewww, boys would really DIG this. It’s a treasure hunt in each bite, oh and I added Pop Rocks for fun and extra snap & crackle with each bite.
Here’s what you need from World Market:
12 oz chocolate of any kind, I mixed both Red Velvet Chocolate & Cookies & Cream World Market Bars, but their selection is endless.
1/2 cup Gummies – worms, bugs, boogers whatever gross creatures you can find to add into the mix
1/2 cup Salty snacks – For this recipe I used World Market’s Skeleton Bones, but you could use cracker pieces or pretzels
1 pkg Pop Rocks – totally optional, but completely fun
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with lightly greased parchment (butter or pan spray works fine).
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring at the end of each interval, until mostly melted but still a little chunky. Keep stirring until the chocolate melts completely. Once completely melted, pour chocolate into lined baking pan. Leaving a spoonful or two of melted chocolate in the bowl for later.
- Add your creatures and treats to the pan. You can lay them all out nicely, or jumble them up, push some under the chocolate and others you can lay on top. Sprinkle Pop Rocks over the top.
- Dip a spoon or fork into the leftover chocolate and drizzle over the top of the bugs and creatures.
- Let sit in a cool area until the chocolate has thoroughly hardened. Break into chunks. Store in an airtight container.
- Grand Prize package includes: A $10,000 World Market shopping spree and design consultation with an HGTV Designer
- There will also be 3 runner up prize winners that will each receive a $1,000 World Market gift card!
- The HGTV Sweepstakes runs from September 22, 2012 until October 26, 2012.
- If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win.
- Enter online at WORLDMARKETSWEEPSTAKES.COM or FACEBOOK.COM/WORLDMARKET
Like what you see? Show them some sugar…
PS. This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™, but all my opinions are my own and I wouldn’t write about it if we didn’t LOOOOVE it!