Here’s another classic from our archives – Ready for the most delicious Oatmeal Cookie Cake recipe EVER!?!?
If there are two things that I love it would be OATMEAL and BERRIES – and sometimes Oatmeal WITH my berries, but more in a breakfast sort of sense. Holly Clegg has done it again with providing all you sweeties out there a delicious dessert, so how about this one? Berry Good Oatmeal Cookie Cake! Sounds amazing to me – do you think I could pull it off for breakfast?
Berry Good Oatmeal Cookie Cake
A best ever luscious cookie cake picture perfect and perfect tasting.
Makes 12-16 servings
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup apricot preserves, divided
2 cups raspberries
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon orange juice
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 12-14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and oatmeal. Add melted butter, vanilla, and egg, mixing well.
3. Press onto prepared pan, keeping dough 1-inch from edge of pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Don’t overbake. Cool.
4. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, confectioners sugar, almond extract, and 1/4 cup apricot preserves until creamy. Spread on cooled crust and arrange fruit in design on pizza.
5. In microwave-safe dish, heat remaining 1/4 cup apricot preserves and orange juice, just until melted. Spoon glaze over fruit. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 220 Calories from fat 36% Fat 9g Saturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 36mg Sodium 172mg Carbohydrate 32g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 17g Protein 4g Dietary Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website