Put your hand in the air if you are a Chocolate Chip Lover! (come on – who isn’t?)
Now, with that hand raised, raise your other hand if you are a Cookie Dough Lover!
Hands in the air, wave them all around cuz we are about to PARTY in celebration. The two classic loves – Chocolate Chip and Cookie Dough have been combined into, yes, yet another sweet treat – The Cupcake.
A Chocolate Chip, Cookie Dough Cupcake people. Doesn’t that sound heavenly? It does, it does, it does. And here’s the deal! You can make it at home or order it online, it’s as simple and sweet as that! Harvard Sweet Boutique is sharing with us today their recipe for some yummy and delicious cupcakes. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes (from Sue George, owner of Harvard Sweet Boutique)
Chocolate cupcakes, filled with chocolate chip cookie dough (minus the eggs!), topped with vanilla buttercream and a homemade chocolate chip cookie!
Yields: 13 cupcakes
– Chocolate Cupcakes
– Vanilla Buttercream
– Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling
– Chocolate Chip Cookies (use your favorite recipe)
1/2 cup European cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 cup boiling water
1/3 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Add cocoa powder and espresso powder to boiling water and leave to cool
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt together
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with a stationary mixer or wooden spoon
4. Add eggs, dry ingredients, and cocoa power/water mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine
5. Fill cupcake pans 3/4 of the way full and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
6. Cool completely on cooling rack
1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 lb. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and cream until smooth
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter (softened and cut into cubes)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vanilla buttercream (see recipe above) or more as needed
1. Combine flour, softened and cubed butter, dark brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a stationary mixer and mix until dough forms
2. Add chocolate chips and buttercream to the dough and combine just until mixture holds together
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes Assembly
Core each cupcake by scooping out about one tablespoon of the cupcake using a paring knife, or a cupcake corer. Put the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling into a pastry bag and cut 1/2-inch off the tip. Fill each cupcake with approximately 1 tablespoon of filling. Fill another pastry bag with the Vanilla Buttercream and attach a decorating tip of your choice (I recommend the star tip) and pipe a generous amount of icing on top of the cupcake.
Garnish the cupcakes with a wedge of your favorite homemade chocolate chip cookie and enjoy!
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website
Meet our SWEET Writers :: Jaclyn