We’re not talking about a Princess Jasmine cake (mom reference, you may not understand), we’re talking the actual Jasmine – the flavor beyond all flavors that melds so beautifully when paired with chocolate. You’ll experience this light flavor once the chocolate subsides. It’s heavenly.
Our recipe today comes from Roka Akor‘s Pastry Chef Jesse Divine. And with a name like “Divine” it has to be good.
Chocolate Jasmine Cake from Roka Akor Pastry Chef Jesse Divine
This is a jasmine/white chocolate ganache, liquid centered chocolate cake
White Chocolate Jasmine Ganache
2 oz. Heavy Cream
2.5 oz. High quality White Chocolate
7 gr. loose leaf Jasmine Tea
1 or 2 drops Red Food Coloring
1. Bring Cream to Scald, Steep Tea in cream for 3 minutes (covered).
2. Strain cream into White chocolate.
3. Stir until smooth. Finish melting over double boiler if needed.
4. You can add red food coloring to make pink if desired.
Portion into the size of marbles and freeze.
8 – 4oz portions
7½ oz. Bittersweet Chocolate
7½ oz. Unsalted Butter
4 ea. Eggs
3 oz. Egg Yolks
3 oz. Sugar
2 oz. All Purpose Flour (sifted)
1. Spray 8 – 4 oz. tin ramekins.
2. Melt Butter and Chocolate tegether over double boiler.
3. Whip Eggs, Yolks & Sugar together on high speed until tripled in volume.
4. Add the Chocolate mixture to the Egg mixture & beat until the Chocolate is incorporated.
5. Add Sifted Flour, Mix until fully incorporated & no lumps remain.
6. Pour or ladel into sprayed ramekins, leaving a couple centimeters of room at the top for displacement of ganache.
7. After the batter has cooled/thickened a little, Add Jasmine ganache to the center, don’t push all the way down, they should float in the middle.
8. Fill in the hole at the top with more batter. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
9. Bake at 375ºF for approximately 8-12 minutes, rotate the cakes halfway through baking
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website