Cocoa Tango Shortbread Cookies
Simple butter cookies seductively spiced with Good Earth’s Cocoa Tango Tea, which blends smooth cocoa with a hit of fiery chili pepper
- 8 oz. butter at room temperature
- 5 oz. sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tea bags Good Earth® Cocoa Tango™, tag removed from the tea bag
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo Chili or ground chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 10 oz. all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar with a spatula or spoon until incorporated together.
- Add the salt and open the Good Earth® Cocoa Tango™ tea bag and pour into the mix. Stir the mix together.
- Add the flour and continue mixing until the dough forms together. Halfway through mixing the flour, ad the chopped chocolate into the dough. Dump the mixture on to a large work surface and knead the dough with hands until it comes together.
- Shape the dough into a log. Slice the dough into 1″ pieces and lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 F.
- Cool and serve.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website