We love eatdrinksavorrepeat.com, so check out these tasty coconut cookies!
For some reason, I’ve been on a mission to find coconut flakes. (Whole Foods has them — unsweetened too!) I have big ideas. These cookies, brownies, oatmeal, coconut-crusted haddock . . . the ideas are all there. I started small. I’ve been letting some bananas get extra ripe on my kitchen counter just for these cookies. I haven’t made them since I was in Ithaca. I completely forgot about them! The coconut gets slightly toasted in the oven and gives the cookies a needed tropical feel in March. I’d say the total prep and baking took 15 min. total. Definitely worth trying these Coconut Banana Cookies!
Ingredients (makes 12 cookies).
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 1/2 c steel-cut oats
- 1/2 c oats
- 1/4 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- Handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat to 350° F. Grease baking sheet or line baking sheet with foil or Silpat.
- With a potato masher or fork, mash bananas. Stir in oats and coconut until evenly distributed.
- Shape cookies onto baking sheet. Top with dark chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake for 10-12 min. or until firm. Let cool on a wire rack.
VARIATION ON MY BANANA OAT COOKIES.