Yes, you heard that right. Good Morning America recently showcased a 4 foot tall ugly Christmas sweater cake made with Country Crock!
The best part is that we have a mini-version that’s ready to be made at home. That way kids can get creative and make the cake as ugly as they want! You can find the simplified recipe below!
Country Crock Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake – By the Numbers
- Took 14 hours and 4 people to make the cake
- Recipe used 12 tubs of Country Crock
- Cake is 54 inches (4.5 ft.) in height and 120 lbs
Recipe Serves: 12
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 40 min
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 box (16 oz.) confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar with 1 cup Country Crock® Spread in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended. Combine milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Alternately beat in milk and flour mixtures until blended. Spread evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack; remove from pans and cool completely.
- To make frosting, beat confectioners sugar, remaining 1/2 cup Spread and 1 tsp. vanilla extract in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Spread top of one cake layer with 1/3 of the frosting. Top with second cake layer, then frost sides and top of cake.
TIP: To dress your cake up for the holidays – get creative! Add sprinkles, colored icing or other candy embellishments.