Historic Grand Avenue in St. Paul is lined with gems in the form of stores all the way up and down the street, but the diamond that really shines is Golden Fig Fine Foods in Minneapolis. It’s not enough to say I adore Golden Fig. No, I am over the moon in love with Golden Fig! From the front of the store to the back of the store and every where in between, it is stocked full of lavish food products a plenty. I was first introduced to Golden Fig about 5 years ago, and it quickly became a favorite stop for me. No matter how many times I visit I always seem to come across something new each time. You won’t find products like theirs at your regular grocery store, as they have a phenomenal selection of local and specialty foods. A “must visit” for any foodie (or anyone shopping for a foodie)! And let me not forget to mention the staff. Super friendly, and helpful, any question you might have they can answer, and they’re more than willing to go out of their way to make your shopping trip a successful one.
My top 5 must buy items include:
- Bombay Cocoa– blended extra dark cocoa with ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, allspice, white pepper, coriander, vanilla and cloves. A fine Indian spiced cocoa!
- Apple Pie Spice– Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, fenugreek & cardamom. A lovely twist on an old favorite!
- Thomasina’s Cashew Brittle– Buttery cashew brittle toffee candy. Gluten-free and preservative-free!
- Salty Dog Bar– 70% dark chocolate with butter toffee bits and sea salt. Manages to be both mellow and bold!
- St. Croix truffles– The cranberry orange has a poinsettia motif. A two layer truffle; chocolate ganache topped with cranberry and orange gelle
Like what you see? Show them some sugar…