I’ve dreamt of being Martha Stewart since I was just a wee one. I love her (in an admiring way, not the stalker kind). She exudes creativity, not just with crafty things, but especially in the kitchen. And now we can all be just a little closer to acting like her with her with the new Everyday Food (TM) App for your iPod or iPod touch. I’m a big sack of giddy.
Have Martha on your mobile in minutes (say that 3 times fast), by downloading the app here for only $2.99!
Though I didn’t get to speak personally to Martha Stewart (another day, perhaps?), her peeps were so kind to share with us an amazing recipe for Mini Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches – just one of many delicious recipes you can find on her new app. (Once again, glowing with delight).
Mini Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches by Martha Stewart
Prep Time 40 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 30 minutes
Yield Makes 12
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, egg, and vanilla; beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; mix in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Using 1 rounded tablespoon per cookie, drop mounds of dough, about 1 1/2 inches apart, onto two baking sheets. (You’ll have 25 to 30 cookies.) Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Scatter remaining chocolate chips on a plate. Place about 2 tablespoons ice cream between 2 cookies, bottoms facing in; press gently. Roll the sides of each sandwich in chips. (If ice cream is melting, place sandwiches in freezer until firm enough to roll in chips.) Transfer sandwiches onto baking sheets. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours; then wrap individually in plastic.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar…
Disclaimer: Sugar Loco was provided with the recipe and images from Martha Stewart. All opinions expressed are 100% ours. No compensation was given for this feature.