Crispie Rice Treats, or Rice Krispie Treats are pretty much a staple sweet at any summer party, at least in my house it is! I’m always the one putting extra marshmallows in, extra butter in and a wee less Rice Krispies. But what if I told ya I had a recipe for you with BACON? Yup! Bacon!
Bacon Today always crafts up some well known recipes and then says, “Heck! Let’s throw some bacon in!” (Kind of like an Italian Woman when it comes to Garlic….hah!)
Today they are sharing with us their Chocolate Bacon Rice Crispies Treats.
Chocolate Bacon Rice Crispies Treats
6 cups rice crispy cereal
1 bag of large marshmallows
2 tbsp butter
1 bag of milk chocolate melting candies
1 bag of white chocolate melting candies (optional)
1. Cook your bacon: Line a baking pan with foil. Lay your bacon strips on the pan and place in oven. Turn oven on to 400° and cook for 17-20 minutes. Drain grease from bacon. You don’t need to use all of the bacon, but chop at least 3 or 4 strips and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter and marshmallows. If you want extra bacon flavor, use your left over bacon grease instead of butter. Cook in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows puff up.
3. Stir chopped bacon into the marshmallow mixture. Gently stir the cereal into marshmallow bacon mixture a little bit at a time. At this point, you can eat them right out of the bowl if you want.
4. Pour mixture into a buttered baking pan. You’ll want to scrape down the sides of the bowl as to not leave any tasty bits in the bowl! Use parchment or wax paper to press down the crispies so they are flat and even in the pan. Cut crispies into squares.
5. These last steps are optional if you want to add another layer of tasty flavor to your treats. Melt chocolates in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water. Once melted, dip each square into the chocolate and smooth over with a spoon or spatula. If you have leftover chopped bacon, you can sprinkle some bits onto the melted chocolate. Place squares in the refrigerator to harden.
6. For extra decoration, drizzle melted white chocolate over the squares.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website
Meet our SWEET Writers :: Jaclyn