Kids can help with:
- measuring cups of cereal for the cereal bars
- choosing and placing their “fish”
- rolling the sushi
- Rice Krispie Treats, get the recipe here
- 1 box of fruit roll-ups (the green ones are difficult to find)
- 1 package Swedish Fish
- 1 package Gummy Worms
- 1 package licorice (we used pull & peels)
*You can really get as creative as you want with the ingredients you choose to put inside your sushi, your kids will have ideas!
1. Make Rice Krispie treats as directed
2. Unwrap and lay fruit roll-ups flat
3. Cut a square from the cereal bars (they must be fresh) that is a little smaller than the fruit roll-up
4. Using your hands, pull and squish the cereal bars so it’s not too thick and fits nicely over the fruit roll-up
5. Add some “fish” from your plate of candies to one side of your cereal bar and roll it up tight!
6. Using wax paper, cover the roll and give it a little extra squeeze to make sure it stays together
7. Using a serrated knife, cut them into 1 inch slices
I served these alongside Cake Balls at my daughter’s birthday party, and they were a huge hit-even the adults couldn’t wait to try them! Older kids would also enjoy making them as a party activity.
A new Loco Kids dessert will be featured every Friday! Want to get all the recipes, but too busy to come by each day? Just sign up to receive our posts by e-mail below.
Loco Kids are Healthy Kids!