Who doesn’t love a good cupcake? You get all the joy of a slice of cake in a petite little package (or a big one if that’s your thing). Plus, it seems that bakers go a bit crazier with their cupcake flavors. You can get anything from classics like Chocolate or Red Velvet to Beer Cheese Cupcake with Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting! For this year’s National Cupcake Day, we wanted to share with you a basic recipe that can serve as the base for your creative genius!
What type of cupcake is your favorite and how would you decorate it?
Well, in only three easy steps, it’s possible for anyone to incorporate this year’s biggest it-colors!
Country Crock 2016 Color of the Year Frostings:
- Mix 1 box (1 lb.) confectioners sugar with ½ cup Country Crock Spread and 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat all ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Add 1 drop of red food coloring for the blushing pink OR Add 1 drop of blue food coloring for the cool blue
Country Crock 2016 Color of the Year Cupcakes
- Makes 20 cupcakes
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 box (1 lb.) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Red or Blue food coloring
- For CUPCAKES, preheat oven to 350°. Line 20 muffin cups with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine Country Crock® Spread, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl with wooden spoon. Stir in flour and baking powder until blended. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely.
- For FROSTING, beat all ingredients in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 drop red or blue food coloring to tint frosting. Evenly spread frosting on cupcakes.