With the exciting news of Nutella’s Chief Ambassador Contest, we wanted to share with you some nutella recipes to get you excited and in the kitchen! Check them out below and share away!
French Toast with Nutella Hazelnut Spread & Strawberries
- 8 slices of whole-grain bread (cut into stars using a cookie cutter – optional)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- Oil spray
- 2 tsp Nutella Hazelnut Spread per star shaped sandwich
- 1 cup of strawberries, stalks removed and cut into quarters
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Whisk the milk and eggs together until well combined. Place mixture into a shallow container and set aside.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of Nutella onto 1 side of the star shaped slice of bread and top with a second slice. Lightly dip your “sandwich” into the batter mixture.
- Heat a frying pan and spray with oil spray. Add the prepared sandwich and fry for approximately 2 minutes until golden brown. Turn over and fry for another minute.
- When ready to serve top with the strawberries and dust with powdered sugar (if using).
Mini Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes with Nutella Hazelnut Spread and Strawberries
- 3 eggs, white and yolks separated
- 2 cups buttermilk (use regular milk if preferred)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 6 tbsp Nutella Hazelnut Spread (1 tbsp per pancake)
- Olive oil spray for frying
- Beat eggs yolks well, then whisk in the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture and fold in.
- When you are ready to cook the pancakes, whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Lightly grease frying pan and spoon in around 1/4 cup batter.
- Cook until bubbles form on uncooked side.
- Before flipping the pancake, scatter a few blueberries onto the pancake and then flip.
- Cook until golden.
- Keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, simply spread layer of Nutella on top of each pancake and top with chopped strawberries.
Waffles with Nutella Hazelnut Spread, Mango & Raspberries
- 4 waffles
- 1 mango cut into cubes
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp of Nutella® Hazelnut Spread per waffle
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Place waffles in toaster and toast until golden. Spread each waffle with Nutella® and top with the mango and raspberries. Serve immediately.
Mixed Spiced Crêpe with Nutella Hazelnut Spread, Mango & Banana
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 3 tsp mixed spice (cinnamon, nutmeg , allspice)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 mango chopped into cubes
- 6 tbsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread (1tbsp per pancake)
- Olive oil spray for frying
- Sift the flour, spices and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Make a well in the center with the back of a spoon then break in the egg and pour in half the milk. Whisk together, gradually incorporating the flour to make a smooth thick batter. Beat thoroughly to remove any lumps, then stir in the rest of the milk.
- Spray oil in a medium frying pan. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan, tilting the pan as you pour, until the batter thinly coats the base. Cook over a moderate heat for 30 seconds to one minute until golden brown on the underside.
- Flip over the crêpe with a spatula, and cook the other side until it is golden brown. Slide the crêpe out of the pan on to a plate and put in oven to keep warm. Spray the pan with oil and cook the remaining crêpes one at a time in the same way.
- When ready to serve, spread a thin layer of Nutella® on top of each crêpe, fold, and top with sliced banana and mango.