With the contest for Chief Nutella Ambassador underway, it is the perfect time to get in the kitchen and experiment! Here are more recipes to inspire you for the contest! Deadline for entries is October 11.
Strawberry Wraps with Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 2 slices whole-grain white bread
- 1 tbsp Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 2 large strawberries, washed, hulled and thinly sliced length-wise
- 3 large strawberries, washed, extra
- Cut crusts from bread.
- Roll bread thinly, using a rolling pin, or pat with clean hands.
- Spread each slice of bread with Nutella.
- Rotate each slice of bread so it is a diamond shape.
- Layer one sliced strawberry down the center of each slice of bread from the top corner to the bottom.
- Fold the opposite two corners of the bread to the center.
- Cut each wrap, through the center horizontally, into two even pieces.
- Arrange portions of the wrap with the extra whole strawberries on a serving plate.
Toasted Sourdough with Nutella Hazelnut Spread, Baked Bananas & Passion Fruit
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread per slice
- 2 passion fruits – pulp removed
- 2 bananas – peeled
- Juice of ½ an orange
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice the bananas thickly and place in the center of a piece of silver foil measuring approximately 12” x 12”. Pour over the orange juice and gather up the corners of the foil to create a little parcel.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the bananas are tender. Remove from oven and set aside
- Toast the sourdough under a hot grill until Spread each slice with Nutella® and top with half a baked banana, mashed gently or sliced. Top with passion fruit. Serve immediately.
Nonna’s Piadina with Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 3 cups plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ½ tbsp butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup water
- 6 tbsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder onto a board or into a bowl. Rub in butter.
- Combine milk and water; warm gently. Add just enough milk and water mixture to make a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Divide dough into 6, cover with a clean cloth. Roll each ball of dough into an 8” circle.
- Preheat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle over high heat.
- Coo k piadina one at a time in a dry pan until brown spots appear on each side. Push down any bubbles which appear.
- Stack cooked piadina on a clean, dry cloth as they are made.
- Serve warm, cut into wedges and spread with Nutella®.
Ricotta Pancakes with Nutella Hazelnut Spread & Warm Strawberry Sauce
- 1 cup low fat ricotta
- ½ cup reduced fat milk
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Oil spray
- 7 oz strawberries, hulled & thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread per pancake
TO MAKE THE PANCAKES:
- Put the ricotta, egg yolks and milk into a bowl and mix well. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and combine until you have a smooth batter. Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and beat until soft peaks form and then gently fold into the ricotta mixture.
- Spray a large non stick pan with oil and drop in 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook for about one minute until golden and then flip over and cook for another minute. Remove from pan and keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan and gently heat for 3-4 minutes until syrupy. When ready to serve, spread 2 tsp of Nutella® onto each pancake and top with the strawberry sauce.