This delicious recipe comes courtesy of The Craft Beer Bites Cookbook by Jacquelyn Dodd. She has a whole section of sweets that will make your mouth water, and she has shared one of them with us below. Go ahead and try it, then grab a copy for yourself!
Peanut Butter Stout Mousse–Topped Brownies
I can’t decide if chocolate and peanut butter are the better pairing or if chocolate and stout take the cake. It doesn’t matter; you don’t have to choose. Peanut butter, chocolate, and stout all play well together, and the resulting dessert will put all other unions to shame.
Makes 24 mini brownies
For the Mousse
2/3 cup heavy cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons stout
For the Brownies
1 cup flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
12 ounces (2 cups) dark chocolate chips
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup chocolate stout
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream and powdered sugar; beat on high until soft peaks form. Lower speed to medium and slowly add the peanut butter, beating until peaks return. Slowly add the stout; mix until combined. Chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, espresso powder, and sugar; set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, add the chocolate chips and butter; stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir the stout and vegetable oil into the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate mixture and the eggs to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray until ⅔ full.
- Bake until the tops have set and look dry, about 18–22 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Frost the brownies with the peanut butter mousse prior to serving.
Choose the Right Brew!
Can you find a peanut butter stout? Grab it. If not, look for a smooth milk stout.
Excerpted from The Craft Beer Bites Cookbook Copyright © 2015 by Jacquelyn Dodd and published by F+W Media, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Photos courtesy of Jacquelyn Dodd.
A recipe developer, food photographer, and hops enthusiast, Jacquelyn Dodd (SEATTLE) took her fascination with craft beer to the next level when she launched The Beeroness. Dedicated to exploring the vibrant tastes developed by knowledgeable brewers, her website features hundreds of delicious recipes that highlight the art of cooking with those beers she loves.
Jackie has developed recipes for multimillion-dollar companies as well as cooked up a storm on Today, CBS News, and Lifetime. Jackie is also a writer and recipe developer for Draft magazine, Parade magazine, Whisk magazine, and Honest Cooking. You can visit her website at http://thebeeroness.com.