According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, July is National Blueberry Month. Ranked the highest of any fruit for antioxidants, 1 cup of blueberries delivers 14% of the recommended daily dose of fiber and nearly a quarter of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C! Given that information, I’m not sure why the USDA hasn’t made EVERY month blueberry month. I guess we’ll all just have to antioxidize enough this month to cover us for the year.
What better way to do that than with this Pom-Blueberry Icicle from Sparkling ICE? On top of the blueberry juice and blueberries, it has pomegranate juice as well! (Pomegranate is another fruit famous for its antioxidant properties). Below is the recipe for this refreshing cocktail that happens to be healthy while still being FUN!
- 4 oz. Pomegranate Blueberry Sparkling ICE
- 1 ½ oz. pomegranate vodka
- Splash of freshly squeezed lemon
- Blueberries and rosemary sprig for garnish
- Pour vodka and lemon juice over ice and stir.
- Top with Pomegranate Blueberry Sparkling ICE. Stir gently to combine the ingredients.
- Garnish with fresh or frozen blueberries and a spring of rosemary.