Pumpkin is pretty much a staple ingredient to all fall time dessert recipes and boy do I love it! Pumpkin in my drinks, pumpkin in my ice cream, pumpkin in my coffee and of course Pumpkin in my PIE! Oh, but could it be better? Could my wildest of dreams collide together creating a fall time masterpiece? Yes, yes they can.
Jacqueline Fisch of Barefoot Essence is sharing with us today her recipe for a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie! (Dreams collide right?!)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 15 oz. can white beans drained and rinsed. I used great white northern beans, you can also use garbanzo beans
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand which are dairy, nut and soy free)
- ½ cup canned or cooked fresh pumpkin
- ½ cup soaked dates
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup plus more for drizzling
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- pinch cloves
- pinch ginger
- pinch allspice
- Soak pitted, dried dates for at least an hour in filtered water and drain (save the date water to sweeten your smoothie)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 8-10 inch springform pan with coconut oil.
- Process all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor until VERY smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Stir in chocolate chips, then spread into the pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and then drizzle with pure maple syrup before serving. This pie is best eaten warm so you can have melty chocolate chips.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website
Meet our SWEET Writers :: Jaclyn