I know there are many lovers of the Pumpkin Pie – especially as we approach Halloween and Thanksgiving, but sometimes when its not a “holiday” I still want to enjoy the seasonal treats, but not in a whole pie. That my friends, is where Mousse comes in! Creamy and delicious and so not a pie, a mousse gives you all of the richness in the flavors you are seeking, especially made with spices of the season. So today Maria Zoitas, creator of “Maria’s Homemade“- a line of prepared food sold exclusively at Westside Market NYC is sharing with us her recipe for a Pumpkin Pie Mousse. Enjoy!
- 15 oz. Pumpkin Puree (Libby’s)
- 1 oz. sugar free, fat free vanilla
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 cups of heavy cream ( for whipped cream)
- 2 teaspoons confectionary sugar
- 1 Cup crumbled ginger cookie
1. In a mixer bowl whip the heavy cream with the confectionary sugar; start at a slow speed then increase speed to make the mix firmer, but do not mix for more than 5-6 minutes.
2. Refrigerate the whip cream for about two hours.
3. In another bowl add all the other ingredients and mix at medium speed for about five minutes.
4. Choose a medium high 12 oz. clear glass and layer in the pumpkin mousse, add the crumbled ginger cookie, add a layer of whip cream and add a final layer of the mousse.
5. Add cookie on top to decorate.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website
Meet our SWEET Writers :: Jaclyn