There is something unmistakably wonderful about the fall season. Perhaps it is the changing foliage or the return of pumpkins and pumpkin spice; either way, autumn is both beautiful and delicious. So, get inspired by fall’s number one player with these pumpkin pie spiced pumpkin seeds from Country Crock!
According to nutritionist Mikaela Rubin, the seasonal snack is packed with a whole host of health benefits. The ingredients in pumpkin seeds…
- Promote bone health
- Help the body build and repair tissue
- Remove harmful microbes from the body
- Cleanse the body and help detoxify the liver
- Improve digestive health
- Lower cholesterol
- Promote heart health
- Improve immune system function
- Regulate mood, sleep and appetite
In short, pumpkin seeds are just what the body needs during flu season, not to mention that they are a perfect alternative to Halloween candy and a definite crowd-pleaser!
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- Makes 2 cups
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine brown sugar, Country Crock® Spread and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Stir in pumpkin seeds.
- Arrange in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely. Store in air-tight container.