We don’t classify things around here as breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert. We tend to think that any meal of the day can have a dessert spin on it. Why put dessert in a box? It’s much greater than that. How about experimenting with Rocky Road? Like, in your pancakes?
From the Pantry‘s, Natick, MA, Executive Chef, Joseph Lallave put together a sweet, fun and easy-to-recreate Rocky Road Pancake recipe. I say, thank you Chef, you just made my morning.
Rocky Road Pancakes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- cooking spray
- chopped marshmallows, extra
- shredded coconut, extra
- Whisk egg yolks and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in milk mixture to form a smooth mixture. Mix in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter, in two batches, until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray pan with cooking oil. Drop tablespoons of mixture into pan, making 6 pancakes at a time. Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on surface. Turn pancakes over and cook until lightly browned underneath. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm. Repeat method with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes warm or cold with chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with extra marshmallows and shredded coconut.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website