You don’t need to head to the beach to celebrate summer. Why not try Chase’s Salted Blue Wave Sugar Cookies? They’re fun to make and so good to eat! Here is a recipe for tasty and fun sugar cookies from Chase of chasenyurface.com! Want to know more? Check out the full article on him here!
Chase’s Salted Blue Wave Sugar Cookies
- Butter – 1 Cup (2 sticks)
- Granulated Sugar – 1 Cup
- Brown Sugar – 1 Tablespoon
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla Extract – 2 Teaspoons
- All-Purpose Flour – 3 Cups
- Baking Powder – 2 Teaspoons
- Table Salt – ¼ Teaspoon
- Blue Food Coloring (Enough to make the color blue that you like.)
- Coarse Ground Salt (To sprinkle on cookies.)
- White Chocolate Seashell Candies (One for each cookie. You can buy or make your own seashell candy.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, and mix until well blended.
- Add blue food coloring to the cookie dough and mix until well blended.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, place on cookie sheet with a 2” space between each one, and flatten the tops just a bit to hold the coarse ground salt.
- Sprinkle coarse ground salt on top of cookies.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cookies cool, and then brush on a bit of clear Karo syrup on the center of each cookie to glue on the seashell candy.