This “Pub Crawlers” ice cream recipe comes to you from our favorite Semi-Homemade Chef, Sandra Lee. Ice cream comprised of Stout Beer, pretzels, and peanuts, this ice cream will be after your beer-guzzlin heart, minus the beer burps. I picture drizzling a little chocolate sauce over the top too, or dare I say a buttery caramel sauce? Am I getting a little too out of control?
Spoons up, enjoy!
- 1 bottle (12-ounce) stout beer, Guinness®
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, Egg Beaters 99%®
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Spanish peanuts
- 1 cup broken-up pretzel sticks
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring beer to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Reduce by half. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In medium bowl, whisk egg substitute until light and frothy. Whisk in sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Add cream, milk, and beer. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions for freezing. When ice cream is just about set, fold in peanuts and broken pretzels.
Like what you see? Show her some sugar…