Growing up we lived right across the road from a strawberry field – Decker’s Farm it was called and man did they have the best strawberries around. We have now all moved away from our hometown, but what I love is whenever we visit, my Mother-in-Law still asks me to pick her up a basket of their sweet, sweet strawberries.
This recipe today comes to us from A Groovy Mom and boy does it bring back memories.
2. Cut in 3/4 cup shortening using pastry blender or two butter knives until pieces are the size of small peas. 3. In a glass measuring cup combine egg, vinegar, and enough water to make 1/3 cup.
4. Add more ice cold water 1 teaspoon at a time until dough clings together.
5. Divide in half.
6. Form into balls.
7. Between waxed paper, roll each ball into two 12-inch circles.
9. Carefully place in pie dish, trim edges.
10. Crimp edges with finger or fork.
11. Bake on 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown.
13. Add puffs of sweetened REAL whipping cream to pie for garnish.