My mama makes a delicious Apple Crisp that she often times surprises me with – which I love! First off being surprised is such a special treat for one to experience and then to have it be with an ACTUAL TREAT! – I mean come on, doesn’t get much better than that!
Today, Sparkling ICE is sharing with us their recipe for Warm Apple Crisp Cakes, and although they didn’t come from my mama, this is technically a SURPRISE to all our readers since you didn’t know we’d be sharing this delicious recipe today – so SURPRISE! Here’s a TREAT for you today! Enjoy.
Warm Apple Crisp Cakes
Yield – 6 servings
Cook Time – 25-35 minutes
For The Crumble:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For The Apples:
- ¾ cup Crisp Apple Sparkling ICE
- 8 red apples (Gala or Fuji preferred)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumble
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a mixing bowl, and cut in the butter with your hands. Mixture should look coarse with some chunks the size of peas.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the crumble on.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until light brown.
- Place baking tray on a wire rack to cool.
For the apples
- Core and cube the apples and place in a large bowel of cold water to avoid browning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with Sparkling ICE in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the apples, salt, and cinnamon. Sautee over a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Pour the Sparkling Ice and cornstarch mixture into the pot, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Break the cooled crumble up with your hands to desired size.
- Scoop the warm apples into 6 small ramekins or an 8 inch square serving dish.
- Top with crumble.
- Serve immediately.
Like what you see? Show them some sugar… Website
Meet our SWEET Writers :: Jaclyn