With September being the most popular month for birthdays – and September 16 as the day with the most birthdays annually – we wanted to share some findings from a new survey that reveals the lengths parents go to in order to prepare for birthday parties. Case in point – when it comes to planning for special occasions, birthday parties are the second most prepared-for event behind the winter holidays (i.e., Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.).
Other findings show that:
- 82 percent of parents believe the birthday cake is the most important component of a child’s birthday party
- But for today’s busy parents this comes with a price as 56 percent of parents surveyed finish the cake between the hours of 10 p.m. and midnight, the evening before the event and 21 percent stay up until between midnight and 2 a.m.
- Yet a homemade cake is still always the way to go as 61 percent of parents said that they would prefer to bake a cake over buying on
While most parents admit the most stress they experience is caused by pressure they put on themselves, there is an easier way. Country Crock is helping reduce birthday-cake stress with recipes parents can bake in about an hour or less. What’s even better is that these cakes help create fun memories in the kitchen (see images below):
All of these recipes are made with Country Crock, the go-to ingredient for baking. Country Crock, which is considered part of the good fat family and is made with real, simple ingredients including delicious oils, purified water and a pinch of salt.
BIRTHDAY SURVEY FINDINGS
o The top three occasions parents spend a lot of time preparing for are:
- Winter holidays (i.e., Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.) – (73 percent)
- Their child’s birthday – (68 percent)
- Thanksgiving – (38 percent)
o 87 percent of parents listed “the pressure they put on themselves” as the leading common stressor when planning a child’s birthday party
o 82 percent of parents claim the birthday cake is the most important component of a child’s birthday party
o When preparing for a child’s birthday, 56 percent of parents surveyed finish the cake between the hours of 10 p.m. and midnight, the evening before the event; 21 percent stay up until between midnight and 2 a.m.
o And despite the stress caused, a homemade cake is the way to go as 61 percent of parents said that they would prefer to bake a cake over buying one, and 70% of parents involve their kids in the baking process
The three most important aspects of a great kid’s cake are:
- Taste (86 percent)
- Decorations (69 percent)
- Personalization (50 percent)
Favorite cake base:
- Chocolate (41 percent)
- Vanilla (32 percent)
**this data was collected through an online survey of 1,000 parents (with children in the home) conducted by Instant.ly for Country Crock between August 25-28, 2015.